Pages

March 2011

March 2011

Friday, April 29, 2011

Whole Wheat Brownies

Since Patience eats so healthy 99% of the time. I made the girls a treat. This is a every now and then treat. Honestly Patience ate one serving size brownie and did not ask for more. And she runs in the afternoons and jumps on the trampoline. So I'm not to concerned about a weight gain. She is maintaining everything so nicely. And even went down another size in shorts recently!!! ( she is growing taller) I have taken her sugar a couple times and it has been right on track. - She asked me to take it because she seen me taking mine. Bless her I hope she never has to.

3/4 cup of butter ( we use the better brands, I cannot believe its not butter, country crock light) anything with no hydrogenated oils

1 and 1/2 tsp of vanilla

1/2 cup of cocoa

1 cup of brown sugar ( we use light)

3 eggs ( or you could use egg beaters)

1/2 tsp of baking powder

Blend all together and then add 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour

Cook for 40 minutes at 350.

These are fluffy texture and the girls still enjoyed the brownie experience. In the future we will use recipes with Carob powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment