Pages

March 2011

March 2011

Friday, April 29, 2011

Turkey Enchilada

Although I have been going with my vegetarian diet.
I plan on making the girls Turkey Enchilada.
Patience loves Mexican food so I do make turkey whole wheat enchilada's for her occasionally.

Allowing her to have one Taco size with veggies or salad on the side.
We do not do the rice, chips, and other carbs all at once.-

Just turkey, whole wheat tortilla, cheese, and sauce. I always try to find a sauce with lower salt content. And bake.
(I will post a photo later this evening)

I cannot ask Patience to give up everything. And we don't but we do try to encourage her to have more protein and veggie over carbs. Since she is a child she cannot give up carbs completely.

In the past before we knew she had a insulin problem we would buy whatever was on sale. Have rice, corn, chips with it the typical American meal. - After awhile that contributed to the weight gain.
It wasn't that Patience was being over fed it was what we had fed her. :( The very sad thing about it was she would still be hungry.
Her little pancreas was given out. Anyway...I'm so thankful now we know the reason and know what will work. :) This is about 4 oz. of protein for Patience in a meal.
And with the veggies we do not ask her to hold back.

No comments:

Post a Comment