Pages

March 2011

March 2011

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Not Pizza or Lasagna instead Cabbage...Still Patience approved

Doesn't sound very fun does it? For Patience's bread for the day- I made unstuffed cabbage roll soup.

The whole recipe had 1 cup of brown rice. And it was enough to feed 4 people.

I cooked the brown rice, browned the turkey meat along with a chopped onion.

After I cooked those two I added a egg to them. (draining the meat of course)


I chopped up a half of cabbage and sprayed a casserole dish. and just layered cabbage, (uncooked) rice/meat mixture , cabbage.


Then I put a can of tomato on top with half a can of water and 1/4 can of tomato sauce. Mix the whole dish.

Seasoned to taste. Salt/pepper. Baked for 1 hour with lid on and 30 minutes with lid off.


The main reason I serve something like this is Patience nor I need all that pasta/rice. The cabbage

was a fill in. You may think I will never get my kids to eat cabbage- Maybe they won't but there

are many veggies you can use a replacement instead of lot's of pasta. Just season it like your

children's favorite thing to eat.

The photo looks sloppy. But its a nice soup. And not to much to feel guilty about.

No comments:

Post a Comment