Pages

March 2011

March 2011

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What does she eat... We are not so different

When we had first begun our Healthy journey at Patience girl scout troop As i stated in the past there were a few looks of sympathy for Patience. Of course those moms did not have daughter's with a insulin problem that could gain weight easily. So they looked at it as if i was being a rigid mean mom. ( i guess) Going by the comments and sad faces.
The snacks were supposed to be healthy, so dont get me started...

Anyway... Now her friends that she has went to the troop with for a few years now are gaining weight. One mom had said what size does Patience wear now. I told her. And then she said well...my daughter is the same size. And then asked what Patience eats...
Patience is still considered overweight but not obesse anymore. It will level out evenutally as she grows taller.
I felt alittle flattered she asked.  But sad the little girl has gained. It goes to show what you eat can catch up to you. I am so so glad we found help. The gift we received i hope will carry Patience for a lifetime. I dare not call it weight loss or diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment